LIGHT YOUR JACK O' LANTERN
Candles have been the age old method of
illuminating Jack O' Lanterns since, well, forever. Regular Votive candles, placed in clear glass candle holders
like the one shown to the right, are
safer, brighter and will last a lot longer than exposed candles. This
size candle is suitable for medium to large pumpkins. For small
candles you may want to use the small tea-light candles. Votive
candles and clear glass candle holders are available at most
department, hardware and art stores.
If you use
candles to light your pumpkins, or for any other Halloween activity,
remember, to never leave a lit candle unsupervised. Never use a lit
candle in an artificial pumpkin.
Pumpkin Lights - A Great Way To Illuminate Your Pumpkins
the years we've seen several different battery powered units meant
to illuminate your Jack O' Lantern's instead of using candles.
Unfortunately, none of the ones that we've tried have done a very
good job or brought anything new to the fine art of pumpkin display,
Candle Pumpkin Light" flickers just like a real candle with its three super bright
yellow LED Light Bulbs. If you want the traditional looks of a
flickering candle, but not the hazard of a real flame, these lights
are for you!
also have the "Amazing Rainbow Pumpkin Light". They added a really
cool special effect where the light emitted changes between seven
different colors, making for a very colorful Jack O' Lantern.
While old-style battery operated lights simply flashed on
and off and didn't seem to last more than a couple of hours, these
lights will run over 72 Hours on one set of AAA batteries, or they
can be powered by an optional AC adapter. This light is suitable for any size
pumpkin it will fit in. They also work great to light artificial
Jack O' Lanterns.
Pumpkin Lights are the safest way to light a
pumpkin and we highly recommend that you try them out for yourself.
Sadly, the original Pumpkin Light is no longer manufactured.
We leave this information about them for reference only.
option for illuminating your Jack O' Lantern is to use one or more glow sticks placed inside the
pumpkin. This can actually produce an eerie effect. While this is probably the safest way to light a Jack O'
Lantern, most of the glow sticks you find for sale in stores are not very bright.
There are high intensity glow sticks, but they don't produce light
as long and are expensive. If you do use this method
you'll want to place your Jack O' Lantern in a very dark area, so
that you can see the light being emitted from the glow stick.
Remember, any fire, no matter how small or protected
has the potential for becoming a large and potentially disastrous one. Fire safety should
always be the number one priority. Never leave a lit candle or other
source of fire unsupervised.
Never leave children unattended with a lit pumpkin, candles or other
source of fire or combustible materials.
Have one or more fire
extinguishers readily available and see that everyone in your household knows how to use
them. Make sure your home has plenty of smoke detectors, that they
are properly installed and they all have fresh batteries. Think
safety and have a great Halloween!